THE BAJA POST
Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos, the beautiful natural habitat located in San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, belonging to the family of The Dolphin Company, yesterday celebrated 10 years of having opened its doors. Since then, more than 200 thousand visitors from different parts of the world such as the United States, Mexico and Canada, among others, have lived the wonderful experience of carrying out educational interactions with species such as dolphins, sea lions and dromedaries.
Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos is located in the beautiful Marina Puerto Los Cabos, just 25 minutes from Cabo San Lucas, and offers a privileged view of the union between the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez. It is also home to 5 beautiful dolphins, 3 sea lions, among which is one that was rescued, and 6 dromedaries, with whom visitors can interact through educational programs that seek to raise awareness about the care of the environment and species that inhabit it.
It is worth mentioning that Dolphin Discovery as a brand turned 26 years old last December. Its first dolphin habitat opened on Isla Mujeres in 1994 and now has 12 habitats under that name in Mexico and the Caribbean islands. As important information about Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos are the following:
- In the last two years alone, free talks on environmental education have been given to more than 2,000 boys and girls, within their facilities and directly in educational centers.
- More than 17,000 people have received information about the protection of the environment and the preservation of species in their educational module.
- For free, they have hosted more than 2,000 people for educational tours.
- Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos belongs to the Stranded Network, which realizes rescues and rehabilitations under the guidance of PROFEPA and other authorities.
- Has participated in various rescues and research for the conservation of marine fauna. Among the main rescues is that of Pipin, a sea lion found abandoned in a box in Morelia.
- Participates in various social responsibility campaigns such as beach cleaning and fundraising for children’s foundations through the annual activity “10,000 smiles”, which they hope to be able to resume this year according to the evolution of the pandemic.
- It is a dolphin habitat under the Miracle category, which means that they have dolphins that have been born in human care thanks to their breeding program.